Users who are designated as an Admin or Profile Editor, with Profile privileges, can upload an artist image to display on Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and Shazam. These permissions are set under Manage in Apple Music for Artists.
Every artist image is reviewed by Apple to make sure it looks great on all Apple devices. Before adding an artist image, review the Artist Image Guidelines.
Ways to Add an Artist Image
You can add an artist image from either the Apple Music for Artists iOS app or the Apple Music for Artists website. Follow the instructions below.
How to Upload an Artist Image in the iOS App
- Sign in to your profile on the app.
- Tap the artist you want to manage.
- Tap the More button.
- Tap Manage Artist.
- Tap the Camera button.
- Choose to take a photo or pick a photo from your library.
- Resize your image to meet our formatting guidelines.
- Tap Submit.
Your image status shows Submitted for Review until it has been reviewed by Apple. This may take up to five business days.
We may reject an image if it fails to meet our guidelines. If this happens, review the guidelines, edit the image, and submit a new image for review.
If you require additional information or are unsure why your image was rejected, contact us.
How to Upload an Artist Image on the Web
- Sign in to artists.apple.com.
- Click the artist you want to manage.
- Click Manage, then scroll down and click Upload Image from the Artist Image section.
- Select your image file.
- Resize your image to meet our formatting guidelines, then click Submit.
Your image status will be Submitted for Review until it has been reviewed by Apple. This may take up to five business days.