Manage users on your account
Even the best artists often need a team to support them. Apple Music for Artists offers an easy way for you to control who has access to your page, so your team can jump into action and support you, fast.
Add the right people to your team
The artist or artist manager who first gains access to a page is assigned the Admin role. As the Admin, you are responsible for reviewing all future access requests, adding new users to your artist page, and assigning them different roles:
- Admin: More than one user can be assigned the Admin role. Admins manage who has access to your page. They can also view all of the available sections: Measure, Artist Content, and Account.
Analyst: Users can view the artist’s data and share milestones.
- Profile Editor: Users can upload artist images, add and edit lyrics, and edit artist details, such as date you were born, hometown, Q&A, and influences and collaborations.
An Admin may receive requests from artists, managers, or label reps, and can grant access at their discretion. Note that Label Rep requests expire after 30 days if no action is taken.
How to add a user in the iOS app
- Sign in to the app and tap the artist you want to manage.
- Tap the ellipsis, then tap Account and scroll to the Users section.
- Tap Invite User, then enter the user’s email address. This email address should be the Apple ID they wish to use to manage their account. The email you provide is where the artist page invitation will be sent.
- Select the user’s role to assign the permissions you want to grant to the new user.
- Tap Invite.
How to add a user from the web
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to Account, then click + in the Users section. If you belong to more than one artist profile, be sure that you have selected the correct artist you wish to add a user to.
- In the Invite User window, enter the user’s email address. This email address should be the Apple ID they wish to use to manage their account. The email you provide is where the artist page invitation will be sent.
- Select the user’s role.
- Click Invite User.
How to manage requests
When a new user requests access to your profile, you’ll see a notification in your messages letting you know there are new requests to review.
Turn off request access.
If you do not want any additional access requests to come to your artist page:
In the iOS app: Tap the ellipses icon at the top of your artist page. Tap Account and tap the ”Allow users to request access...” switch off.
On the web: Go to the bottom of the Account page, and deselect the ”Allow users to request access…” checkbox for that artist.
Keep your team current.
It is vital that you keep your team current. As you progress, your team may change and grow, so it’s important to keep an accurate user list. Stay on top of adding new users to manage your artist page and removing users who are no longer an active part of your team.
Remove users at any time by hovering over their name from the list of users, and selecting Remove.
How to accept an invite to an artist page
If you have been invited to be a user of an artist page in Apple Music for Artists, you will receive an email inviting you to access the page.
Click Claim Invite to accept, and you will be directed to sign in to Apple Music for Artists using your Apple ID. Your Apple ID must match the email address your invitation was sent to. If you do not have an Apple ID, or you would like to register your email address that received your invite as an Apple ID, you can create one.
If you were invited to access an artist page but have not received the invitation email, check your junk mail or spam folder in your email inbox. If all else fails, have the Admin of the artist page contact us for further assistance with your invitation.