Manage access to your artist page
Add people to your team
The artist or artist manager who first gains access to a page is assigned the Administrator role. As the Administrator, you are responsible for reviewing all future access requests, adding new users to your artist page, and assigning them different roles:
- Administrator: More than one user can be assigned the Administrator role. Administrators manage who has access to your page. They can also view analytics, share milestones, and update the artist image.
Analytics: Users can view the artist's data and share milestones.
Profile Editor: Users can upload artist images.
An administrator may receive requests from artists, managers, or label reps, and can grant access at their discretion. Note that Label Rep requests expire after 30 days if no action is taken.
How to add a user in the iOS app
- Sign in to the app and tap the artist you want to manage.
- Tap the ellipsis, then tap Manage and scroll to the Users section.
- Tap Invite User, then enter the user’s email address. The email you provide is where the artist page invitation will be sent.
- Select the user’s relationship and the permissons you want to grant to the new user. If you are inviting a member of a band, use Artist.
- Tap Invite.
How to add a user from the web
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to Manage, then click + in the Users section.
- In the Invite User window, enter the user’s email address. The email you provide is where the artist page invitation will be sent.
- Select the user’s relationship and the role you want to grant to the new user. If you are inviting a member of a band, use Artist.
- Click Invite.
How to manage requests
When a new user requests access to your profile, you will see a banner notification after signing in, letting you know there are new requests to review.
Turn off request access.
If you do not want any additional access requests to come to your artist page:
In the iOS app: Tap the ellipses icon at the top of your artist page. Tap Manage and tap the ”Allow users to request access...” switch off.
On the web: Go to the bottom of the Manage page, and deselect the ”Allow users to request access…” checkbox.
Keep your team current.
As you progress, your team may change and grow, so it’s important to keep an accurate user list. Stay on top of adding new users you want to manage your artist page and removing anyone who is no longer an active part of your team.
Remove users at any time by clicking their name from the list of users, and selecting Delete.
How to accept an invite to an artist page
If you have been invited to be a user of an artist page in Apple Music for Artists, you will receive an email inviting you to access the page.
Click Claim Invite to accept, and you will be directed to sign in to Apple Music for Artists using your Apple ID. Your Apple ID must match the email address your invitation was sent to, If you do not have an Apple ID, or you would like to register your email address that received your invite as an Apple ID, you can create one.
If you were invited to access an artist page but have not received the invitation email, check your junk mail or spam folder in your email inbox. If all else fails, have the Administrator of the artist page contact us for further assistance with your invitation.
Next steps: control your communications
We like to send weekly emails with your past week’s highlights, information about updates, and new features coming to Apple Music for Artists. Up next, learn how to update your communication preferences to control what ends up in your inbox.