View guidelines for artist images
The format behind the best artist images
Your artist profile picture is displayed next to content on Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and Shazam in all countries where that content is available. Images can be uploaded or updated by anyone with Profile Editor permissions in Apple Music for Artists.
Supported file formats
|Size||2400 x 2400 pixels or greater preferred800 x 800 pixels minimumDo not upscale images|
|File Type||JPG or PNG|
How to crop your image
When you upload an artist image, a window will appear to make sure the image is cropped and sized according to Apple guidelines.
Follow the instructions shown in the cropping tool, keeping eyebrows and lips within the guidelines shown below.
Common issues to avoid
Ensure your image avoids these three common rejection issues: blurry or pixelated content, borders, and text.
No pixelation or low-resolution images.
No borders of any kind.
No typography or logos of any kind.
One last thing
Only upload photos you have legal authorization to share. Images that do not meet the guidelines, or do not meet our presentation standards, may be rejected or removed.
- No blurry, pixelated, mismatched, misaligned, or rotated images
- No advertisements for content (for example, “Includes DVD” or “Includes Lyrics”)
- No artist album cover art or artist logos
- No text, including artist names, roles, dates, instruments, or current and former bands
- No borders
- No attempt to upsell a product; the image should be a representation of the artist
- No misleading images (for example, depicting or referencing an artist not associated with the original artist)
- No URLs for websites that sell music or compete with Apple Music or iTunes
- No use of the terms “Apple Music,” “MUSIC,” or “iTunes”
- No pornography or website URLs that link to pornography
- No Nazi symbolism restricted by the Strafgesetzbuch section 86a, if the content is visible in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland. Be aware if this happens three times (where a photo in these territories is delivered with Nazi imagery), your entire catalog will be suspended in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for up to six months.
- No images or themes not legal or appropriate for all countries, or that encourage unlawful conduct, or are otherwise obscene, objectionable, or in poor taste.