Before uploading an artist image, learn which file formats and guidelines to follow.
An artist image is a JPG or PNG file that's displayed next to content on Apple Music and iTunes in all countries where that content is available. Images can be uploaded, updated, or deleted by anyone with Editor permissions in Apple Music for Artists.
When you upload an artist image to Apple Music for Artists, an upload window will appear to make sure the image is accurately cropped and sized according to Apple guidelines. Only upload photos you have legal authorization to share. Images that do not meet the guidelines, or do not meet our presentation standards, may be rejected or removed.
|Size||2400 x 2400 or greater preferred
800 x 800 minimum
Do not upscale images
|File Type||JPG or PNG|
Follow the instructions shown in the cropping tool, keeping eyebrows and lips within the guidelines, as shown in the screenshot below.
Things to Avoid
Make sure your image avoids these three common rejection issues: blurry or pixelated content, borders, and text.
1. No pixelation or low-resolution images.
2. No borders of any kind.
3. No typography or logos of any kind.
Additional Artist Image Guidelines
- No blurry, pixelated, mismatched, misaligned, or rotated images
- No advertisements for content (for example, “Includes DVD” or “Includes Lyrics”)
- No artist album cover art or artist logos
- No text, including artist names, roles, dates, instruments, or current and former bands
- No borders
- No attempt to up-sell a product. The image should be a representation of the artist.
- No misleading images (for example, depicting or referencing an artist not associated with the original artist)
- No URLs for websites that sell music or compete with Apple Music or iTunes
- No use of the terms “Apple Music,” “MUSIC,” or “iTunes”
- No pornography or website URLs that link to pornography
- No Nazi symbolism restricted by the Strafgesetzbuch section 86a, if the content is visible in DE, AT, or CH. Please be aware if this happens three times (where a photo in these territories is delivered with Nazi imagery), your entire catalog will be suspended in DE, AT, and CH for up to six months.
- No images or themes not legal or appropriate for all countries, or that encourage unlawful conduct, or are otherwise obscene, objectionable, or in poor taste
Note: Images that do not meet the guidelines, or do not meet our presentation standards, may be removed. Only upload photos you have legal authorization to share.