Add your lyrics to Apple Music
Spare your listeners the embarrassment of singing the words wrong. Submitting your lyrics to Apple Music allows listeners to follow along and sing every word right on beat.
Before you send in lyrics for your music, review our lyrics guidelines and correctly format your lyrics for submission.
Send your lyrics directly to Apple
- Go to Artist Content and select a song. Any songs that don’t have lyrics will display a ( + ) button.
- Click Add Lyrics.
- In the Song Lyrics field, copy and paste your formatted lyrics. Follow the lyrics formatting requirements in the lyrics guidelines.
Update your lyrics
If your lyrics are not transcribed correctly, you can Report a Concern in the Lyrics section of a song under Artist Content.
- Go to Artist Content and select a song.
- Under Lyrics, click Request a Change.
- Give us a brief description about what lyric needs to be modified.
- Provide the corrected lyrics. Follow the lyrics formatting requirements in the lyrics guidelines.
Granting rights to Apple Music
The Apple license for Apple Music and the iTunes Store is hosted by Music Reports. To grant global music lyrics rights to Apple Music and the iTunes Store, visit Music Reports to log in or sign up. The Music Reports Songdex marketplace portal provides steps to grant music publishing and lyrics rights under the Apple Music Publishing License Agreement.