Plays, Listeners, Shazams, and More
We measure your music's performance in these categories:
- Plays are recorded when a user initiates song playback in Apple Music for more than 30 seconds.
- Average Daily Listeners are the average number of daily unique listeners in the time frame selected.
- Purchases are recorded when a customer buys your song or album from the iTunes Store.
- Shazams are recorded anytime your song is recognized by the Shazam app or one of the partner apps that use Shazam technology.
- Insights are a list of milestones and all-time bests for your songs and albums, highlighting important changes in the data.
- Radio Spins are recorded when a subscriber listens to your song for more than 30 seconds while tuned in to an Apple Music radio station. Apple Music radio stations are created when a user picks a song or an artist to generate a custom radio station, or from an Apple Music curated radio station.
- Video Views are recorded when an Apple Music user watches your music video for more than 30 seconds.
Songs, Albums, Playlists, and Videos
Apple Music for Artists is intended to provide performance-level data about all music in which you are listed as a primary artist. We display your music in four separate categories in Artist Analytics:
- Songs include the total plays of a song, including every album and compilation it was released on.
- Albums include any album, EP, or individually released single.
- Playlists include any Apple Music or Curator playlists.
- Videos include any music video uploaded to Apple Music.
You can view all available data for any of your tracks on the Song Details page. Select any song from your profile to navigate to the Song Details to view all the available data attributed to that track for the selected time period.
If the data is available for that track, metrics can include song insights, plays, purchases, and Shazam data, as well as any playlists or Shazam charts the track may be included on, and your top countries and cities.
Download Your Data
Download a CSV of your data. In the Your Music section, click See All to download data from your full catalog. Be sure to set the date range before downloading your CSV.
All data is shown in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and is refreshed daily. Note, new data releases or updates take 48 hours to display in your analytics dashboard.
Your music may be released across different music distributors at different points of your career. We aggregate this data into a single track grouping, which is why you will see one album/single cover art to represent the track group as a whole.
Note: The data displayed in Apple Music for Artists is not meant to be used for any financial reporting purposes. Contact your chosen content provider for financial or royalty questions.