Understand your analytics
Measure your performance
Success means something different for every artist. Knowing how to read your Artist Analytics can help you decide what specific areas to focus on.
We measure your music’s performance in the following categories:
- Plays are recorded when a user initiates song playback in Apple Music for more than 30 seconds. We provide a wholistic view of all Plays, including Plays from Apple Music radio stations. (Apple Music radio stations are created when a user picks a song or an artist to generate a custom radio station, or from an Apple Music curated radio station.)
- Average Daily Listeners are the average number of daily unique listeners in the time frame selected.
- Purchases are recorded when a customer buys your song or album from the iTunes Store.
- Shazams are recorded anytime your song is recognized by the Shazam app or one of the partner apps that use Shazam technology.
- Milestones are a list of insights and all-time bests for your songs and albums, highlighting Top Plays, Top Shazams, and when you’re added to an Apple Music editorial playlist.
- Video Views are recorded when an Apple Music user watches your music video for more than 30 seconds.
Apple Music for Artists is intended to provide performance-level data about all music in which you are listed as a primary artist. We measure analytics for the following types of content:
- Songs include the total plays of a song, including every album and compilation it was released on.
- Albums include any album, EP, or individually released single.
- Playlists include any Apple Music editorial playlist.
- Videos include any music video uploaded to Apple Music.
Get to know your listeners all over the world
The Places tab in Artist Analytics shows you where your listeners are by city, state, country or region. Artists can apply filters to help them track the popularity of new releases and even get an idea of where they might perform next.
Look for trends and insights
The Trends tab in Artist Analytics helps you uncover insights about your music’s performance. Compare analytics based on the actions your listeners take, and use different filters to learn details like their gender, age, location, and the songs they connect with the most.
Shazam to your advantage
When someone wants to figure out the name of a song they’re listening to, they can use Shazam to identify it. Know what happens when someone Shazams your song and learn about the information it provides.
All data is shown in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and refreshes daily. New data releases or updates take 48 hours to display in your Apple Music for Artists dashboard.
Different music distributors may deliver your music at various points of your career. We aggregate this data into a single track grouping, which is why you will see one album or single cover art to represent the track group as a whole.
Note: While Apple Music for Artists will display your album and song data, contact your distributor for financial or royalty questions.
Download Your Data
In the Your Music section, click See All to download data from your full catalog. Be sure to set the date range before downloading your CSV.